Stafford Music Studio is seeking a Suzuki Piano and/or Voice teacher to join the faculty to teach online lessons. We are a young but growing online school and our mission is to provide high quality music lessons and experience for our students and families, to nurture a child's joy of learning, and to build confidence. We are seeking the right teacher to help expand our schedule offerings into Mondays, Tuesdays and possibly Thursday afternoons. We are looking for a teacher who has a genuine love of teaching music that could inspire young learners.
We predominantly want to be established as a Suzuki studio but also offer traditional style lessons. Willingness to teach both methodologies is a plus.
We have a strong preference for educators with the following qualifications:
- With a music performance or music education degrees
- Suzuki Training to at least Unit 2, with commitment to continue
- Commitment to the Suzuki philosophy with a positive attitude
- Passion to share love of music with young learners
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, on-the-spot creativity
- Ability to inspire students
- Minimum of at least 3 - 5 years professional teaching experience
- Minimum of two years teaching online
- Must be comfortable with early-childhood learners and their caregivers- majority of target students are 10 and younger
Our teachers enjoy the benefits of a well-established program; you can just show up and teach – no need to handle the billing, scheduling, marketing, or parent education. You are free to use online teaching resources that the studio is a member of if you want, such as Rock Out Loud Live platform for teaching online, and Vibrant Music Teachers Teaching Library with thousands of supplementary materials you can use to help make lessons engaging and fun for the students. We also use My Music Staff to make things simple, such as taking attendance, sending lesson notes or emails to parents/students, access to the studio calendar, student/teacher cancellations, and giving make-up credits to students. You can also keep your own online resources within your Teacher Portal to make it easy to link and share to families.
Teachers are hired as independent contractors but receive ongoing support from our studio director in a collaborative environment. The average shift is 4 hours, usually from 3 - 7 PM (EST). As an independent contractor, you are able to set your own hours. Pay is an hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Attendance/make-up policies underscore respect for teacher's time and professionalism, and are firmly upheld.
Job requirements include:
- Teaching private lessons and open to teaching mix aged group classes as substitute if needed
- Providing short feedbacks to student practice submissions on the Student Portal if any
- Maintaining a consistent and reliable schedule
- Communicating and collaborating with the director, caregivers, and other teachers
- Preparing students for virtual studio recitals
To apply, please send an email of interest and resume to email@example.com. If you’d like to expedite the interview process, please also send a performance video or a teaching excerpt.
We look forward to having you in our studio family!